What’s New in The Scene
The year 2020 wasn’t an easy year, and 2021 does not appear to be any different. Our lives have changed drastically, but we are lucky enough to have the right social platforms that keep us connected.
Social media has become more than merely an entertainment platform and has helped boost several businesses during the pandemic. Social media features evolved to meet users’ expectations.
- TikTok introduced the Lead Generation ad option at the end of April 2021, allowing users to fill direct information about themselves and their interests. This data allows TikTok to create an efficient connection between businesses and users. It also allows businesses to create custom messages for numerous client segments and then combine their information systematically in their CRM.
- Twitter introduced the Tip Jar in the first week of May 2021, allowing users to pay or accept tips for some tweets. As a form of support or display of recognition, users can now tip other users using $Cashtag.
- Instagram introduced the New Captions Stickers for Stories in the first week of May 2021. This feature allows users to automatically generate text captions while taking videos.
- Snapchat launched a new Creator Marketplace in May 2021. This new update allows businesses to easily find partners using Snapchat Creators, Lens Creators, AR Creators and Snap Star. The new Creator is beneficial for all businesses that lack in-house developer talent.
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Tumblr have incorporated the use of live videos which allows users to interact with the broadcaster in real time.
- The Ephemeral Content, represented in the stories that disappear within 24 hours of posting, on several social platforms such as Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram, is another feature that captivated the attention of social media users. Users are positively engaged and kept up to date, with every new post, allowing them to stay “in the loop”.
- AI powered Chatbots have made every user’s life easier knowing that they won’t be chatting with a computerized auto fill replier. Users feel more at ease and receive better responses to their inquiries.
- Introducing Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) into the social media platforms of shopping businesses has allowed customers to have a real glance at the product before purchasing it. This feature has made online shopping a more credible and enjoyable experience for the customer, and in return, more profitable for the sellers. AR and VR were also present in social media platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram, allowing users to add filters on their photos and videos before posting them.
- Local targeting has allowed businesses to target potential customers by geo-tagging their social media posts and stories. This feature is made possible because social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter can enable businesses to locate their audience through their IP address.
- Influencer marketing has been one of the most raging trends in 2021. With everyone stuck at home, the number of influencers has skyrocketed. Influencer marketing has turned every product into a trend and a marketing campaign.
The leap in the features of almost every social media platform has made the year 2021 a remarkable one. Social media users around the globe have found these updates life changing and are excited to find out about the latest trends and features.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published